Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Rogaine for Men Hair Regrowth Treatment, 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol, Easy-to-Use Foam, 2.11 Ounce, (Packaging May Vary)

My husband has used several different minoxidil applications for his thinning hair, including Rogaine drops and Kirkland drops. Both always left his scalp feeling extremely itchy. His doctor recommended this when my husband told her about the problem and mentioned that he was thinking of trying an off-brand minoxidil. The doctor warned him not to, because "you never really know what's in it."


Instead, my husband has been using Rogaine foam for about two months now and I've already seen better results. The corners of his frontal hairline have begun sprouting new hairs and his receding hairline seems to be coming back. It's advertised as being effective only on the crown, but for my husband, it works anywhere on the head it's applied. Anyone just starting minoxidil treatment should be aware that after about the first two months of use, there will be an increase in shedding, what I've learned is called the "dread shed," and it can be very dreadful. DON'T STOP USING when this starts even though it might make you panic. It's a good sign! The shedding stops relatively quickly and hair growth will start soon thereafter.



The foam is easy to apply and dries quickly. It does not flake the skin, and no irritate, redness, and rash at all.  After about 2 months using the Rogaine, I noticed significant improvement on my husband's hair. I would say that he has over 50% improvement so far in the areas where he had noticeable thinning.  It really works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment