Sunday, April 30, 2017

Some Facts About ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 14 Running Shoe


A few years ago I bought a pair of Gel Nimbus 10 that were on sale. I instantly fell in love with them. When I headed to Italy I knew I would be doing a lot of walking. I ordered a pair of Gel Nimbus 12. And now I have the 14.


 
The weight of 14's has been reduced by about 4 ounces per pair, while cushioning remains as good as ever.  For anyone new to Asics or the Nimbus line in particular, the shoe is particularly well-suited for those with a "neutral" gate and slightly higher arches - there is greater cushioning for the arches. If you are a high-mileage runner that runs 25 miles or more a week who is optimizing for comfort over absolute speed, this is an excellent shoe to train in to avoid injuries. Running on a treadmill or anything short of hard cement and you will feel like you are running on soft earth.



Yes, these are running shoes. However, they are lightweight, offer great arch support and are packed with a lot of cushion in the heel. I can wear these shoes all day walking miles on end without fatigue. I even got a pair for my mother. This is the kind of shoe she would scoff at due to the price. She also loves them and is on her second pair. I encourage anyone looking to increase their mileage to do so wearing the Nimbus14 due to their GEL technology, which really seems to work on hard surface courses. You will land softy without losing speed on your predicted times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment